New reel help. Islander, rivers edge classic, kingpin imperial?

Critiques/reviews on Float Fishing products

Moderators: Ironstone74, Spitz, chromer

Sportsman30

New reel help. Islander, rivers edge classic, kingpin imperial?

Post by Sportsman30 » 03 Feb 2018, 16:14

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and am wondering your thoughts and reviews on these 3 reels. The internet is full of positive islander reviews. I'm more so looking for thoughts on the kingpin and more specifically the rivers edge classic. I have the opportunity to purchase of of those around 400 and like the idea of a locally hand made reel. If anyone has experience with this reel and or the others please feel free to give your 2 cents.

Thanks again.

Jake

klee

Re: New reel help. Islander, rivers edge classic, kingpin imperial?

Post by klee » 05 Feb 2018, 05:02

Cant go wrong with any of them really. I have a few of Mikes Riversedge reels, the original and the wildwater. Awesome reels and Mike is local and out on the rivers and might even share a few drifts with you when meet up to buy a reel. They are definitely quality builds. Good luck with your choice.
Cheers
.....this mighty river's both my saviour and my sin.

Squeezem

Post by Squeezem » 05 Feb 2018, 09:46

All of the reels mentioned will do the job. Kingpins and Islanders are high number reels, but both good choices. Riversedge are low volume, locally produced by Mike who lives and breathes river fishing. As Klee said, great guy to deal with and he builds a rock solid reel.

Tyee

Post by Tyee » 05 Feb 2018, 12:42

Take a look at John Milner another Canadian solid built reel he as been around since 1964,
Cheers,
Tyee

Sportsman30

Post by Sportsman30 » 05 Feb 2018, 23:09

I appreciate the insights. Thank you again.

chinook

Post by chinook » 06 Feb 2018, 15:14

I would recommend trying all 3 by attaching them to your rod and seeing how they feel.

kosta

Post by kosta » 06 Feb 2018, 17:41

They are all round and spin like the dickens! :P If you'd like some Ontario homegrown from a stand up Ontarian machinist magician, give Mike (sire Peterman, CEO of RiversEdge) a call, he's in the land of guggles, type, click and viola! don't forget to LIKE, SHARE, and SUBSCRIBE.. no worries the pleasure is and always be ALL YOURS!! (jokes,,, lollers? :roll: what ever!) Mike's a good man.. Happy joy joy skunking and landing! If the fish are there then that will be your problem after the reel..

EDIT:#needsickreelsBRO! :lol: 8)