It is time to say goodby and follow the U.T. message board!

Here is where you can talk about anything floatfishing related

Moderators: Ironstone74, Spitz, chromer

roque
Site Admin

It is time to say goodby and follow the U.T. message board!

Post by roque » 19 Mar 2019, 19:40

Hi all,

Due to internet direction, there is no point to keep this message board live anymore! It was a good tool in the early 2000 but now is time to shut it down. I already turned new registration disable and will shut down the site soon, probably in a couple of month. We will follow the same direction that other boards went.

I have to thanks all my friends including JC, all moderators and all sponsors that supported us since day one and during all those years we were alive!

Thanks and all the best in your life and will see you around.
roque

FRANK ZAPPA
Stupidity has a certain charm - ignorance does not.
2 Fish or not to Fish! What is the question?

imx

Re: It is time to say goodby and follow the U.T. message board!

Post by imx » 20 Mar 2019, 11:12

When you shutting her down officially?

chinook

Post by chinook » 20 Mar 2019, 11:42

Unfortunately it seems that this was a long time coming. I learned lots here, and found a few pretty good deals in the classifieds.

Tight lines to all!

Fishaholic333

Post by Fishaholic333 » 20 Mar 2019, 14:55

Roque Sir Hi, don't know if you remember me but l met you one day at The Beaver a few yrs back while fishing with my good friend Noel.

l want to thank you & also this board's mods for your initiatives to keep the board alive since the sadly passing of Mr. JC.

I myself have am grateful for the shared insights from all our members over the past decade or so. Yes at times it was a humbling & growing experience for me but in the end l thank you all for your input, feedback & skill set.

There are many talented individuals within this board and l will certainly miss the good old days of the "then & there" but unfortunately the "here & now" forums have become too ad driven & commercialized to remain afloat!

Keep the faith......Columbo

“Conducting” is when you draw ‘designs’ in the nowhere – with a stick, or with your hands – which are interpreted as ‘instructional message’ by guys wearing bow ties who wish they were fishing." Frank Zappa
The Drug is in the tug!

JoeG

Post by JoeG » 20 Mar 2019, 20:17

I honestly haven’t been around much at all since John died. Sad to hear but all good things at some point will come to an end. To those I’ve met through the few conservation projects, on the water and just basic conversation on the board, I thank all that were behind this board for making it possible. This place was the best place for info and there was plenty of knowledge shared on this board during its hay day. Good luck to all and hope to see some old faces this spring.

rongardiner

Post by rongardiner » 21 Mar 2019, 09:38

It was a great community/tool in it's prime, but it is time!

Thanks for managing it for so many years Roque!

flyrodder46

Post by flyrodder46 » 21 Mar 2019, 10:31

This was one of the first sites that I found when I started float fishing. The site helped me learn and appreciate this great community of fishers. Sorry to see the demise of a great tool for learning and for giving a lot of us a chance to make some wonderful friends. Thank you for keeping it alive for as long as you have Rogue.

D

big shug

Post by big shug » 21 Mar 2019, 13:31

Centerpin talk is very good and seems to get more traffic now days than Floatboard.
Seems to more U/S members to me though. Good or bad don't bother me.
A lot of guys from Floatbord already on there.
I will miss the the board any thing you wanted to know was on here.Met a lot a great guys over the years in person and on screen and never had one comment about my spelling :oops:
Nearly kicked of one time for upsetting a buddy of JC over Kingpin copying JCs CTS rods.All worked out in the end.

manxkipper

Post by manxkipper » 21 Mar 2019, 16:56

Thank you everyone for all the great years on this website, always passionate, always informative, always great topics of conversation. Almost as good as actually being on the river! Take care my friends...

letterman1

Post by letterman1 » 22 Mar 2019, 15:40

It was always fun to see how other people were making out on the rivers and the information sharing here. Having said that, I tried to register an account on Centerpintalk and apparently I need a referrer to complete that. Is that someone who will vouch for me? How do I go about getting referred?
Thanks to admin for keeping this site running, kinda sad to see it go. Yakfisher is in the same boat, guess it's time to resurrect my FB account .
Take care all

Jason

streeker02

Post by streeker02 » 25 Mar 2019, 13:00

Thank You Roque for keeping the ship afloat all these years

Tyee

Post by Tyee » 25 Mar 2019, 18:39

Thank you comparede,when I read this message it brought back the memories when we first met on the Wilmont in 1995 fishing opposite each other and you using that fly sucker spawn and hitting fish lol,here we are today ,what a great site one of the best thank you for keeping it afloat for all these years I know it was not easy,remember you have a date to keep at the end of the month maybe bring that fly that day l :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers,
Tyee

KwakerII

Post by KwakerII » 27 Mar 2019, 09:30

Oh yes, I fondly remember the UT Zooboard because I had to use my office internet to access it.
All good things come to any end ... :(
happy to be living back in THE TRUE NORTH STRONG AND FREE!

Spitz

Post by Spitz » 27 Mar 2019, 15:04

It's been a pleasure folks.
The only reason I ever played golf in the first place was so I could afford to hunt and fish.
Sam Snead

BCsteel

Post by BCsteel » 27 Mar 2019, 19:40

I’m not on here much, but it’s been a pleasure guys. Lots of great info. Take care everyone.
keep 'em tight!!!